Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Microsoft SQL server 2000 cant stand up after change administrator password?!?!

HI!

I have a little problem:

I have change the administrator password (Windows 2003 Server) which MS
SQL 2000 use to login.
And now the SQL server can't stand up.
What should I do?

thx!

gicio

--
Posted via http://dbforums.com"gicio" <member21186@.dbforums.com> wrote in message
news:3198265.1060003433@.dbforums.com...
> HI!
> I have a little problem:
> I have change the administrator password (Windows 2003 Server) which MS
> SQL 2000 use to login.
> And now the SQL server can't stand up.
> What should I do?
> thx!
>
> gicio
> --
> Posted via http://dbforums.com

You need to set the new password in the Services applet in Control Panel for
your SQL Server service (MSSQLServer is the default name). If you run SQL
Server Agent with the same account, then you should change that too. There
are details and instructions in Books Online, in the section "Changing
Passwords and User Accounts".

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment