Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Microsoft Search Service Fails on Boot!

I have been having a problem with the microsoft sesarch service failing on
boot up. All that I get from the event logs is: Event ID: 7009-"Timeout
(30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Microsoft Search Service to connect."
and Event ID: 7000-"The Microsoft Search service failed to start due to the
following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request
in a timely fashion.". The box has SQL 2000 w/SP3a on it and is running
Small business server 2003. I have reregistered several of the .dll files
associated with the search service. If I manually start after being logged
in it starts fine with no errors. Is there any type of detailed debugging
that can be run along side this? I have already tried posting in the SBS
Newsgroup with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Russ GrotewoldRuss,
See my reply in the fulltext newsgroup.
Thanks,
John
"Russ" <Russ@.alias.com> wrote in message
news:#$SbbTuzDHA.2456@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I have been having a problem with the microsoft sesarch service failing on
> boot up. All that I get from the event logs is: Event ID: 7009-"Timeout
> (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Microsoft Search Service to connect."
> and Event ID: 7000-"The Microsoft Search service failed to start due to
the
> following error: The service did not respond to the start or control
request
> in a timely fashion.". The box has SQL 2000 w/SP3a on it and is running
> Small business server 2003. I have reregistered several of the .dll files
> associated with the search service. If I manually start after being logged
> in it starts fine with no errors. Is there any type of detailed debugging
> that can be run along side this? I have already tried posting in the SBS
> Newsgroup with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Russ Grotewold
>

No comments:

Post a Comment