Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Microsoft SQL Management Studio failed to load

I am running SQL Server 2005 bata on my Windows Server 2003, web edition
machine. Recently got an error that the Bata had expired. I ignored this.
However, other C# apps using the Db started having problems.
Uninstalled .Net Framework Version 2. I downloaded the most
recent version from MS, installed the new version.
Now I can't run Management studio or the profiler. Get the following errors:
'Procedure entry point _CxxFrameHandler3 could not be located in the
dynamic link library MSVCR80.dll '
and a follow on error
..."\v2.0.50215\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded".
How do I get back to being able to use these tools?
Hi
The .NET versions are tightly linked to the SQL Server Betas.
Download the SQL Server September 2005 CTP and the Visual Studio 2005 RC1.
They are the newest and are a perfect match.
Regards
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"FredC" <FredC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:72539B05-013B-4A6C-BE1E-ED024A28247C@.microsoft.com...
>I am running SQL Server 2005 bata on my Windows Server 2003, web edition
> machine. Recently got an error that the Bata had expired. I ignored this.
> However, other C# apps using the Db started having problems.
> Uninstalled .Net Framework Version 2. I downloaded the most
> recent version from MS, installed the new version.
> Now I can't run Management studio or the profiler. Get the following
> errors:
> 'Procedure entry point _CxxFrameHandler3 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library MSVCR80.dll '
> and a follow on error
> ..."\v2.0.50215\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded".
> How do I get back to being able to use these tools?
|||Sql server 2005 CTP won't install here. It keeps asking me to insert
disk 2.
|||On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:59:05 -0700, "FredC"
<FredC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am running SQL Server 2005 bata on my Windows Server 2003, web edition
>machine. Recently got an error that the Bata had expired. I ignored this.
>However, other C# apps using the Db started having problems.
>Uninstalled .Net Framework Version 2. I downloaded the most
>recent version from MS, installed the new version.
>Now I can't run Management studio or the profiler. Get the following errors:
> 'Procedure entry point _CxxFrameHandler3 could not be located in the
>dynamic link library MSVCR80.dll '
>and a follow on error
>..."\v2.0.50215\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded".
>How do I get back to being able to use these tools?
In addition to Mike's comments you need to be very careful about
uninstall order of components from the old SQL Server 2005 and .NET
Framework builds. That is described in some detail in the documents
that come with September CTP.
Andrew Watt
MVP - InfoPath
|||I found and downloaded SQL Server September 2005 CTP but I can't find Visual
Studio 2005 RC1. Where do I get it?
"Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP)" wrote:

> Hi
> The .NET versions are tightly linked to the SQL Server Betas.
> Download the SQL Server September 2005 CTP and the Visual Studio 2005 RC1.
> They are the newest and are a perfect match.
> Regards
> --
> Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
> Zurich, Switzerland
> IM: mike@.epprecht.net
> MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
> "FredC" <FredC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:72539B05-013B-4A6C-BE1E-ED024A28247C@.microsoft.com...
>
>
|||Apologies microsoft, after all the things I've been saying about them.
All you do, is...
1. Install everything apart from SQL express, on the RC VS.Net 2005
1. put the "server" ISO on, install everything but the bottom checkbox.
1. put the "client" ISO on, install everything to run from the
harddrive.
1. Put the ISO VS.Net 2005 RC back on, and install the SQL Express.
Hey presto, it all works, including SQL express integrated into VS.Net.
(Now we can use SQL Express, with files, who is going to use Access?)
|||drawnai:
Thanks for the good info. But I got myself into more trouble. I thought I'd
try to uninstall Visual Studio and Sever. All the .Net stuff seems to
uninstall and the Server itself uninstalls, but tools like management studio
and profiler don't. They are in my start menu but not in add and remove
programs. Result is that Sever will not install the new tools. Got any
experience at get rid of this stuff while saving existing databases?
"drawnai@.hotmail.com" wrote:

> Apologies microsoft, after all the things I've been saying about them.
> All you do, is...
> 1. Install everything apart from SQL express, on the RC VS.Net 2005
> 1. put the "server" ISO on, install everything but the bottom checkbox.
> 1. put the "client" ISO on, install everything to run from the
> harddrive.
> 1. Put the ISO VS.Net 2005 RC back on, and install the SQL Express.
> Hey presto, it all works, including SQL express integrated into VS.Net.
> (Now we can use SQL Express, with files, who is going to use Access?)
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment