Monday, March 26, 2012

Microsoft Reporting Services

Default value or value provided for the report parameter 'ParamaterName' is
not a valid value. (rsInvalidReportParameter)
I am getting this error when I am trying to run a deployed report.
However,
this is driving me mad because in the report preview within VS.Net the
report
works fine and i can choose the same parameter settings from within the dev
environment with no problems. I am populating this parameter with a
dropdown
with valid values from a sproc (and this I've done a thousand times before)
.
I can not figure out why it is throwing this error, particularly since it
works perfectly fine in the preview pane. How could it be crappin out when
I
deploy it?!?! I am going insane!
Pl. put in forum.
regards
Arvind Sharma
--
Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.comOn the deployed report, in report manager, properties... is the prompt string
blank? If so it will try to render the report without prompting for input
which will throw that error.
"arvind sharma via SQLMonster.com" wrote:
> Default value or value provided for the report parameter 'ParamaterName' is
> not a valid value. (rsInvalidReportParameter)
> I am getting this error when I am trying to run a deployed report.
> However,
> this is driving me mad because in the report preview within VS.Net the
> report
> works fine and i can choose the same parameter settings from within the dev
> environment with no problems. I am populating this parameter with a
> dropdown
> with valid values from a sproc (and this I've done a thousand times before)
> ..
> I can not figure out why it is throwing this error, particularly since it
> works perfectly fine in the preview pane. How could it be crappin out when
> I
> deploy it?!?! I am going insane!
> Pl. put in forum.
> regards
> Arvind Sharma
> --
> Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment