Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services

I understand that this is available for free but I have not been able to find it for downloading. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? Do you know does it really require alot of resources like I have been reading. People recomending a seperate SQL box just for thes reporting services. Please advise.

You can download evaluaiton copy from here.

Also you can download SP2 for RS 2000 here.

|||Thank you.... but my understanding was that I could get a regular copy vs. evaluation copy for free. Microsoft was letting SQL 2000 users have the reporting services until they upgraded to SQL 2005 which would have it in it. Do you know where you can get a regular copy?|||I am curious where this was mentioned. As far as your performance question, it is true that processing reports is an intensive task. However, a single box should more than enough to handle low to medium report loads. Besides, it will save you money if you host the database engine on the same server.

No comments:

Post a Comment