Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Microsoft SQL isapi extension ERROR and SQLXML 3.0

Hi,

I'm using WinXP SP 2, IIS 5.1, SQL Server 2005 Standard, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional.

When I create a virtual directory with IIS Virtual Directory Management for SQLXML 3.0, I get a Microsoft SQL isapi extension error when going to the default page.

If I delete the virtual directory, and then add it directly in the IIS snap-in, with executable permissions, all goes well.

My website is from the Wrox book, Beginning ASP.NET 2.0. An appendix in the book says to add the virtual directory with the SQLXML 3.0 tool, and not to use IIS. I'm very new to this, so I'm not sure if I'll lose functionality down the road or not, by using IIS.

Has anyone run into this before or have any ideas how to get sqlxml 3.0 virt. dir's to work?

The error according to Microsoft support is related to permissions in SQL Server, I also found a FAQ from the SQLXML experts so you will find the answers to all your questions. Hope this helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820874

http://sqlxml.org/faqs.aspx?faq=79

No comments:

Post a Comment