Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine

Trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine on my laptop. I downloaded the software and opened it to a folder on the C drive. Then from the command prompt I entered this:

C:\msderela>setup sapwd = hillary instancename=mjh targetdir=c:\mike

The program starts to install and seems to get near to the end of instal and then the progress bar starts going backwards and nothing gets installed...any ideas of what I'm doing wrong...I really don't know anything about this at all.

ThanksSounds like you've tried it a couple of time already, huh?

Bounce the box, see what you got :)|||Like I said...I know nothing about this...bounce the box? sorry for being so stupid|||ummm. Reboot? Restart? Unplug and then re-plug? Either one will work ;)|||Originally posted by rdjabarov
Sounds like you've tried it a couple of time already, huh?

Bounce the box, see what you got :)

Is it possible to do if it does not look like a box (laptop)... ;)|||I've rebooted several times and still get the same results...|||What is the OS on your laptop?|||2000 pro|||progress bar going backwards?? check if the monitor is kept upside down??|||Thanks....|||I don't know if this will help but I have attached the error log. I don't understand what it is saying.|||Where is your log file?|||I'm sending the file again|||Do you have enough hard disk space?|||I have 2.43 GB|||I'm wondering if the problem is
C:\msderela>setup sapwd = hillary instancename=mjh targetdir=c:\mike

I pasted the text from Microsoft website:

TARGETDIR="executable_folder_path"

Specifies the folder where the Desktop Engine executable files are to be installed. The default for executable_folder_path when installing a default instance is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\. The default for executable_folder_path when installing a named instance is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$<InstanceName>\Binn\, where <InstanceName> is the name specified in the INSTANCENAME option. The file path for this parameter must end with a backslash (\).

Read the details at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/distsql/distsql_84xl.asp|||Nope...still won't install|||Did you try to click the file Setup.exe for the installation and use the default folder?

No comments:

Post a Comment