Friday, March 30, 2012

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Toolkit Is not in my Add Remove Programs how do I unin

I have Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Toolkit installed but there is something from with the installation since every time that I try and create a Report Server Project It gives me error

Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer, Version 9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannopt find the file spesified.

How can I reinstall it or repair the installation so it will work. I have uninstalled every SQL2000 component in Add Remove Programs and reinstalled them. The problem is however that I cannot see an entry for "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Toolkit" in the Add Remove programs in Windows XP Profesional.

Can someone please help me. Maybe tell me where the uninstall file is located on disk?

Any help will be great

Manu Thanks

This may not be what you are expecting but it could be you don't have IIS installed in your box and when IIS is not installed, in full SQL Server editions the installer skips Reporting services. So make sure IIS is installed before trying to open reporting services because it will not run without it. Hope this helps.|||

Thanks for the quick response.

I have everything else working, IIS is working and I can access the report manager and the report server url's, those all work fine. The problem comes in when I try and create a Report Server Project in Visual Studio. As soon as I try and create the project I get the error I mentioned above. It is as if it doesn't find the Reporting Services Design Assembly, but I've done a search on the PC and I did find the dll, so I might need to spesify somewhere where it is?

I'd like to just uninstall the Toolkit and Reinstall it but the Express installer doesn't support uninstalling and the Add Remove Programs in Control Panel doesn't have an Entry for the Toolkit.

No comments:

Post a Comment