Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-071 ROLLBACK

Hi,
I am producing a Rollback plan in case I find any issue with MS06-071 hotfix
installation. We have several SQL 2005 Servers so I need to have this
rollback plan ready for the day we install this hotfix.
This is a hotfix for MSXML 6.0 which is needed for SQL 2005 Server. If
something goes wrong with the SQL server after I install this hotfix and I
uninstall this hotfix it automatically uninstall MSXML 6.0 as well.
My question is : do I have to install the whole SQL server 2005 again if I
uninstall this hotfix and therefore I uninstall MSXML 6.0? would it be enoug
h
if I install MSXML 6.0 afterwards?
Thank you for your help
Best regards,
JuanjoHi Juanjo,
If you do need to uninstall MSXML6 after applying MS06-071 you can reinstall
MSXML6 MS06-061 or MSXML6 RTM directly without reinstalling SQL 2005.
However, most likely your SQL Server 2005 will not function until MSXML6 is
re-installed.
You can download MSXML6-061 from here -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/.../>
fd03e5b7d6c
or MSXML6 RTM from here -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en
However I hope MS06-071 rollout goes smoothly for you - if you have any
trouble please come to our blog site http://blogs.msdn.com/xmlteam and click
on the email link to let us know what's going on.
Thanks,
Adam Wiener [MSFT]
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Juanjo" <Juanjo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4F2BA3B9-0569-46A3-BB66-50FA01AA15F6@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am producing a Rollback plan in case I find any issue with MS06-071
> hotfix
> installation. We have several SQL 2005 Servers so I need to have this
> rollback plan ready for the day we install this hotfix.
> This is a hotfix for MSXML 6.0 which is needed for SQL 2005 Server. If
> something goes wrong with the SQL server after I install this hotfix and I
> uninstall this hotfix it automatically uninstall MSXML 6.0 as well.
> My question is : do I have to install the whole SQL server 2005 again if I
> uninstall this hotfix and therefore I uninstall MSXML 6.0? would it be
> enough
> if I install MSXML 6.0 afterwards?
> Thank you for your help
> Best regards,
> Juanjo

No comments:

Post a Comment