Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine

I have recently installed Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine on a
computer. How do i create tables and stuff like I do in the standard version
of SQL server? I tried connecting to it with enterprise manager but this
fails. Are you allowed to use enterprise manager with this product?
I created a dts package that deletes several database tables and reimports
the tables once a day. Ultimately I would like to run this package on this
new install of SQL desktop engine. Im not sure how to do this w/o enterprise
manager?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-- Are you allowed to use enterprise manager with this product?
Yes the only limitation is that it is not shipped with MSDE, but it can be
used if you gotta licence from SQL Server.
Another program could be QALITE which can be downloaded for free.
--I tried connecting to it with enterprise manager but this
> fails.
This should work, what kind of error are you getting ?
Ultimately I would like to run this package on this
> new install of SQL desktop engine. Im not sure how to do this w/o
> enterprise
> manager?
You can use dtsrun.exe from the commandline to run the package if you
stored it properly(for example in a structured storage file)
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
"PCL" <PCL@.discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:85CB0C41-377E-4A4D-8335-103A4AAE8488@.microsoft.com...
>I have recently installed Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine on a
> computer. How do i create tables and stuff like I do in the standard
> version
> of SQL server? I tried connecting to it with enterprise manager but this
> fails. Are you allowed to use enterprise manager with this product?
> I created a dts package that deletes several database tables and reimports
> the tables once a day. Ultimately I would like to run this package on this
> new install of SQL desktop engine. Im not sure how to do this w/o
> enterprise
> manager?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
|||Thank you for your quick response and info - The QALITE program looks pretty
interesting - i have never heard of it before.
When I try to use enterprise manager. I am running it from my workstation
and am trying to register the machine that is using the desktop Engine - When
i try to do the registration it says the server either doesnt exist or i do
not have the right credentials. I am using the sa user name and the password
I gave it when i installed the desktop engine. Does enterprise manage have
to be run on the mackine that is using the desktop engine or is it the same
as a standard version of SQL server where u can manage it on a remote
workstation?
Is there anyway I can schedule my saved DTS package to run on the Desktop
Engine? I would like it to run every morning at 3AM?
"Jens Sü?meyer" wrote:

> -- Are you allowed to use enterprise manager with this product?
> Yes the only limitation is that it is not shipped with MSDE, but it can be
> used if you gotta licence from SQL Server.
> Another program could be QALITE which can be downloaded for free.
> --I tried connecting to it with enterprise manager but this
> This should work, what kind of error are you getting ?
> Ultimately I would like to run this package on this
> You can use dtsrun.exe from the commandline to run the package if you
> stored it properly(for example in a structured storage file)
>
> HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
> --
> http://www.sqlserver2005.de
> --
>
> "PCL" <PCL@.discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:85CB0C41-377E-4A4D-8335-103A4AAE8488@.microsoft.com...
>
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment