Monday, March 26, 2012

Microsoft Search

For the past week my W2k3 Ent has been running very slow.
When I checked the Event Viewer I noticed that I have
tons of entries of Microsoft Search, saying this: "The
crawl on project <SQLServer SQL00008000005> has started."
then this: "The end of the incremental crawl for project
<SQLServer SQL00008000005> has been detected. The
Gatherer successfully processed 36 documents totaling OK.
It failed to filter 0 documents. 36 documents were
modified. 0 URLs could not be reached or were denied
access.".
Every 15 minutes I get this pair of entries in the EV. My
HD and the DVD-ROM lights goes on and off every second.
Is this something really bad? Can someone tell me what's
happening?
Thanks so much.Perheps you don't need MS Search Service. You can stop it
from the Services, or run following command on the DOS
command prompt:
net stop mssearch
If that improves the performance, then I would suggest to
go to Services and change the StartType to Manual so that
it won't start again at reboot.
hth.
>--Original Message--
>For the past week my W2k3 Ent has been running very slow.
>When I checked the Event Viewer I noticed that I have
>tons of entries of Microsoft Search, saying this: "The
>crawl on project <SQLServer SQL00008000005> has started."
>then this: "The end of the incremental crawl for project
><SQLServer SQL00008000005> has been detected. The
>Gatherer successfully processed 36 documents totaling OK.
>It failed to filter 0 documents. 36 documents were
>modified. 0 URLs could not be reached or were denied
>access.".
>Every 15 minutes I get this pair of entries in the EV. My
>HD and the DVD-ROM lights goes on and off every second.
>Is this something really bad? Can someone tell me what's
>happening?
>Thanks so much.
>.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment