Friday, March 30, 2012

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 performance

Hi,

I have a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise installed on Windows Server 2003, and developing web application for 500 clients. So I am interested will I have any performance issues if I put in 'Articles' table, data for all 500 clients and then filter it on client ID, or should I make 500 'Articles' tables for every client one with different name and then change sqldatasource for gridview depending on which client is working on it. I will have, beside 'Articles' table, another 10 tables, which means 5500 tables total, if I use second approach, on first I will have only 11 tables. So I am asking is it better to have more tables with less data, or less tables with more data. And what are pros and cons for both approach.


Thanks a lot!

One table with different ArticleIDs is the way it should be. With proper indexes you should just be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment